View Single Post
Old Tue Jun 09, 2020, 02:19pm
Official Forum Member

Travel baseball is pretty much back. Registration for rec baseball/softball is opening up now. Very little, if any guidance from the state (Michigan) on how to behave beyond "maintain social distancing". A lot of teams went to Ohio to play in tournaments because they opened before us. Ohio had "recommendations" and a sport specific plan, but none of the items were requirements. My son has a baseball scrimmage tomorrow and I fully expect the coaches to pretend things are just normal, which may cause me to lose my mind.

As for HS sports, it really comes down to our state's view of things when late August rolls around. Our officiating crew has been assigned football games through the fall, and HS conditioning is opening up now. My personal view is if we don't see a major spike in cases and/or deaths by the middle of August, I think things are a go for fall football and other sports. They've discussed swapping baseball and football seasons, but I don't see things being any better after a winter of being indoors here in the north. Just my 2 cents.

Chris