View Single Post
Old Mon Jun 01, 2020, 11:58am
Esteemed Forum Member

Peaceful ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Official View Post
Not many of the "reopen" protesters were setting fire to their cities and destroying businesses ... Also, if you do your research you can clearly see how the importance of masks (especially porous cloth ones) is overstated ... Touching your mask and putting it back on all day long would seem to defeat the purpose according to common sense.
I don't believe that any of them were, which is specifically why I referred to them as "peaceful" and never even considered the possibility that some of them could be considered "rioters". Here in Connecticut, the worst they did was to slow down response times of some fire trucks and ambulances by blocking traffic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
... Not many peaceful, long gun carrying "reopen" protesters wore face masks ...
Surgical face masks will never stop the inhaling of the virus, especially any fine airborne aerosolized particles, but it will definitely stop the larger droplets from being sprayed several feet when the wearer is talking, singing (Connecticut Catholics are going back to church next week, but no singing), breathing deeply, coughing, or sneezing.

I wear my mask to protect others, especially others that may be at a greater risk than most of the population. I also know how to put my mask on and take my mask off properly (only touching the straps), and to only wear my mask for one day before laundering. I also believe that my mask has the added benefit that it reminds me not to, and makes it more difficult for me to, touch my face (mouth or nose).

I've named my mask Charleen (reference to Full Metal Jacket).

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Mon Jun 01, 2020 at 01:09pm.