View Single Post
Old Mon Jun 01, 2020, 11:03am
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Official View Post
Interesting how all the virus/social distancing virtue-signaling from the media has ceased in the wake of these protests. It’s almost as though it was, at minimum, overblown from the start. I see no reason why we can’t go back to normal including having basketball this winter. If someone chooses not to officiate, that is their prerogative I fully support.

(And before someone gets mad, I support the peaceful protests. Just think the irony is funny.)
I've seen plenty of mention of how the protests and Covid-19 safety protocols do not mix well and we may well be seeing new outbreaks because of this. I guess we're watching and listening to different media sources.

I plan on visiting my father's for Father's Day, so I'll be getting tested and self-quarantining the week before I go b/c I can't afford to be asymptomatic and give my diabetic and cancer surviving father the virus.

My local assignor sent out a feeler about working at the local AAU venue starting in July. I told him I don't trust that they will keep the facility sanitized to Covid-19 safety standards. Said if I were to work, I would be arriving dressed 10 or 15 minutes before game time, working two straight games, then immediately leaving.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited by Raymond; Mon Jun 01, 2020 at 11:14am.