View Single Post
Old Mon Jun 01, 2020, 10:42am
Esteemed Forum Member

If Anybody Gets Within Six Feet Of You Start A Five Second Count ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Official View Post
Interesting how all the virus/social distancing virtue-signaling from the media has ceased in the wake of these protests.
What's the more important and urgent story right now? The pandemic, which may have plateaued leading many states to consider careful reopenings (we can finally get haircuts starting today in Connecticut), or to the civil rights protests (and/or riots) which are the worst I've seen since the assassination of Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. in 1968?

While the "original sin" of the 400 year old plight of African Americans is a really big story (and should continue to be, even as the protests and/or riots calm down), so are the 100,000 American deaths caused by an infectious disease, a disease that we were ill prepared to deal with, and where we may have made some mistakes in dealing with it in its early stages.

What's the bigger story? Police precinct stations going up in flames and Target stores being looted, or hundreds of people not wearing masks and not social distancing while relaxing in a swimming pool drinking adult beverages while the commander-in-chief, and many others, enjoy a couple of rounds of golf with no flagsticks, no sand trap rakes, no nineteenth hole appletinis, and pool noodles in the holes?

Also, compare the "reopen" protesters to the civil rights protesters. Not many peaceful, long gun carrying "reopen" protesters wore face masks, while many civil rights protesters (and/or rioters) are wearing face masks, as are most of the media covering the protests.

This pandemic is not over, and may not be over until there is a vaccine. We still have to be aware and be careful, or it may come back, and if it comes back during the next influenza season, especially if it's a particularly bad flu season, we're really going to be in for a really big problem. Hopefully, we may be better prepared deal with a combined "second wave"/bad flu season, we already have our masks, and our hand sanitizer.

Watch the civil rights protests (and/or riots) on television, or participate in the protests (hopefully peacefully), if you want, but keep washing your hands, wear your face mask (to protect others, especially others at high risk, like me), and if anybody gets within six feet of you start a five second count.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Mon Jun 01, 2020 at 11:07am.