View Single Post
Old Wed May 27, 2020, 11:46am
Do not give a damn!!

I do think that children of this or relatives can sometimes know things that others do not early in their careers. If you are around something a good portion of your life you can pick up on things that someone not in that are not exposed would know. I can speak for personal experience on this just having a Ph.D. as a parent. Your parents or relatives can give you little nuggets it might take you years to learn on your own. That being all said, I do not like it when you see multiple cases of guys at the top level are there and the only thing that really distinguishes them is their association or name. That is why I am skeptical of when people say they do not like the camp system because I have seen it for years without any camps in other sports. At least with the camp system, I can make a lot of personal choices about what I want to do. Without camps, I have to contact people and hope my name is passed along or recommended. I have gone to camps and gotten hired because I showed what I can do. And there is still a system in place that benefits the children, relatives and very good friends, but at least I can show my worth next to them on some level.

Peace