View Single Post
Old Tue May 26, 2020, 01:32pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Hey, Bird Dog Get Away From My Quail (The Everly Brothers, 1958) …

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Official View Post
I will occasionally bird dog if I feel I need to clarify who the foul was on for the coaches ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
We don't however, teach the birddog unless there is a scrum and it helps separate the one person out from the mass.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
Also on the bird-dogging front. I still do it from time to time. But I only do it when there is a crowd or there is confusion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy View Post
... Pointing at or to the person who fouls (the “bird dog” signal) must be avoided. If clarification is needed to distinguish between players in close proximity, verbalization must identify the player who committed the foul.
Here in 100% IAABO Connecticut, we use IAABO mechanics: When clarification is necessary, extend the other arm, with palm down, toward the fouler's midsection (birddog).

As SC Official, Camron Rust, and JRutledge already stated so elegantly, we don't birddog all the time, only as an option when clarification is necessary.

Regarding Freddy's post, we teach our guys that when clarification is necessary to birddog toward the player's hip, any higher, especially at the head, can be viewed by player as aggressive and an encroachment into his personal space and is to be avoided.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Tue May 26, 2020 at 01:51pm.