View Single Post
Old Tue May 26, 2020, 08:57am
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
I see nothing wrong with this. I know we do this at lesser camps. And the game fees pay the clinicians that are sitting watching and giving instructions for multiple games. And sometimes those fees are lesser than what an official would be paid for the game or willing to work.

Peace
I have a big problem with it. Campers are the one who are performing the work that allows that tournament to happen. Supervisors and camp organizers are making a huge profit off camps, not a little profit. Campers are not getting $400-600 worth of instruction. Many campers get ignored when it comes to feedback and in reality are only there so that that supervisors can hold on to that tournament.

I've also seen camp coordinators who don't divulge that they are no longer supervisors and hold camps without clearly informing campers that they are no longer in charge of a conference.

Maybe it's a regional thing. I know Rick Boyages is a good person and as a college coach at William & Mary he treated officials who worked his scrimmages better than any other coach I've done such work for.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited by Raymond; Tue May 26, 2020 at 09:00am.