View Single Post
Old Fri Apr 03, 2020, 09:53am
Esteemed Forum Member

Bored Out Of Our Gourd ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratref View Post
If some one is addicted to alcohol to deprive them of it would require them to detox and with out medical supervision that would possibly require one of the hospital beds that need be be saved for those who need them right now.
My daughter, a nurse, who's on the front line taking nose and throat swabs at a drive-through corona virus testing facility, said the same exact thing.

Connecticut is basically a "shelter in place" state, by either mandates by executive orders from our state governor, or by local city and town ordinances.

Everybody in the state is talking about why some businesses are deemed essential and others aren't, not to seriously question these mandates and ordinances, but because we're bored and need something to talk about.

Dog grooming is considered essential, but barber shops aren't. Often discussed are the essential businesses of guns stores, fish and tackle shops, liquor stores, garden centers, dry cleaners, doormen, landscaping services, pool maintenance, and billboard leasing.

The guy who fertilized my lawn yesterday wondered why he was considered essential. Of course he works alone all day and talked to me as we were ten feet apart.

That proverbial ten foot pole really comes in handy these days.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Fri Apr 03, 2020 at 11:56am.