View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 30, 2020, 04:11pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. View Post

Regarding Play 2, I guarantee that if one does an Advanced Search of the Basketball Forum he/she will find that I have been on record numerous times that I consider this a Player Control Foul (PCF). Having said that...

A1) I have seen my share of Third World Plays during my 46 years of officiating but Play 2 is one of them that I have not seen (at least I do not remember seeing).

A2) I used the word "deliberately" in my description of Play 2 because as I have read through this Thread I have decided to re-evaluate my thinking concerning Play 2. I no longer consider this to be a PCF by A1, in fact I do not consider this a PF by A1.
I have actually seen this happen on some level, rather early in my career. I saw a player hit a player with the ball making a normal movement and the ball is what hit the player in the face. We did not call anything because the ball handler was not trying to hit the player in the face at all. It was very incidental. The coach wanted us to call a foul, but we did not see it that way unless he was trying to hit the opponent. And that would have only been a Technical foul in our mind.

Peace