View Single Post
Old Sun Mar 29, 2020, 08:43am
Esteemed Forum Member

Little Bird ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
You said you think and you believe and that you were hedging your bets. A veteran should not have to hedge their bets about the definition of continuous motion ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
The situation is, after all, extremely rare, a ball handler with player control and in that act of shooting (airborne shooter), committing an intentional, flagrant, or technical foul.
... and it's in a thread in which words in a dictionary that we use in common everyday language don't mean the same as they do in the rulebook. Only after breaking the situation down to two components, and with the help of billyu2, did I discover that I was mistaken about the definition of an airborne shooter (mine was too generic and expansive). I was actually not mistaken about continuous motion (never thought I was, I was just concerned about its impact on the entirety of the situation).

It turns out that the little bird in my head telling me that I shouldn't put my Good Housekeeping Seal Of Approval on my full interpretation was correct (my conclusions turned out to be correct, the way I got there was not). Really glad that I didn't bet my house on my full interpretation.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sun Mar 29, 2020 at 10:54am.