View Single Post
Old Fri Mar 13, 2020, 10:21pm
Statistician/Ref Hybrid

The NAIA conference that the majority of NAIA schools in my state belong to canceled all spring sports activities, so the spring season is officially over for all of its spring sports teams.

My alma mater is switching to off-campus instruction (I wonder how science labs will be handled) and final exams. As part of the aforementioned end of spring sports activities and the move to keep as many people off campus, the all-sport athletic banquet scheduled for the end of April has been apparently been canceled as well along with commencement.

As mentioned in another post, our state high school association ceased all activities in conjunction with the directive to close schools for three weeks. We had the winter post-season, tryouts for spring sports, and fall sport off-season activities all going on right now, so it affected pretty much every sport.

Also, all spring high school games prior to April 6 have been canceled. At present, it's anyone's guess as to whether we have a spring season or if the state will adjust the post-season dates to allow schools to play as many of their originally-scheduled spring games as possible without overloading their calendars and ensuring the games can be adequately covered with our limited number of spring sport officials.

The center of attention as the lead & trail. – me
Games officiated: 525 Basketball · 76 Softball · 16 Baseball