View Single Post
Old Sun Mar 08, 2020, 06:19pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Proactive ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
A few times every season, even in varsity games, a player will ask me (before I get a chance to tell him), "Can I run the endline?", and I always answer truthfully.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
Why would you not? Not only is it common sense, but signals #7 & #8 from the Manual tell us to do so. There is also 4.2.2.C.6 from the Manual.
The point that I was making is that officials can, and do, often answer player's questions.

Player on lane before free throw, "How many shots?".

Player behind three point arc before free throw is at disposal, "Can I get on the lane (to fill open spot)?".

I don't see any reason why an official couldn't, or shouldn't, answer the question, "Sir, may I dribble?".

I always signal and state, "Designated spot"; or signal and state, "Run the endline"; on every backcourt endline throwin to be proactive and "by the book".

In my example I was describing a player who himself was being proactive, and asked, "Can I run the endline?", before I signaled and stated such.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Mon Mar 09, 2020 at 10:12am.