View Single Post
Old Wed Mar 04, 2020, 12:27pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Let The Chips Fall Where They May ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbruno View Post
Many rectangular backboards are supported by mechanical piping or other types of supports. Many supports are really close to the backboard itself. I know these are out of bounds and the top of the backboard is not. I also know that a ball hitting the top of the backboard or support is the trails call as the lead should not be looking up when the ball is up there. But does anyone agree with me that the trail sometimes has a bad angle on determining whether the ball hits just the top or the backboard or the support behind?
Agree that the trail (in a two person game) may occasionally have a bad angle to see top of the backboard/supports as described, but the lead must keep his eyes down looking for rebounding action.

Yes, a call may be missed, but it would be much worse for a lead to look up at the backboard/supports and miss fouls under the basket.

Imagine a rebounder getting an excessively moving elbow to the nose, bleeding all over the court, and the lead's best answer to the questioning coach is, "Sorry coach, missed it, I was looking up at the backboard supports".

Yeah, that will go over really well.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Wed Mar 04, 2020 at 03:38pm.