View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 25, 2020, 11:21am
Esteemed Forum Member

Story Of My Post Arthritis/Bone Spur Life ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins View Post
It's harder to continue to do at a MS game -- especially if it's girls and if you work two (or more) in a row. Some of the games have more held balls than points (or so it seems)
Been there. Done that.

I had an odd doubleheader last week. One extremely large middle school, Chippens Hill, is so large that it actually has two boys teams and two girls teams, two called the White Team (listed that way on Arbiter) and two called the Blue Team (reversible jerseys for games that required such).

I had this school's annual end of season intraschool doubleheader. White boys versus Blue boys, followed by White girls versus Blue girls. I guess that there had been an earlier season intraschool game with both White teams being the home teams so in this game both Blue teams (wearing blue jerseys) were the home teams and the site director insisted that it was to be this way on the scoreboard.

I figured, "Why sweat the small stuff, no problem". Famous last words.

Both games were close all the way to the end. Scoreboard watching was important at the end (possible tactical or strategic fouling). Try as I must, I kept on having to ask the crowd, "Who's ahead?".

I had worked several previous games at this site with teams from other schools, so in the back of mind I knew which "school" was the home team, which made it even more confusing.

My head was spinning after the doubleheader.

Earlier in both games I told the crowd, "I've got twenty bucks that says Chippens Hill wins".
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Fri Feb 28, 2020 at 12:46pm.