View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 24, 2020, 12:50pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Preemptive To Mark T. DeNucci, Sr.: Shut Up ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altor View Post
All of this could be avoided if they'd just get rid of the arrow and go back to jump balls.
Blue font? Are you yanking my chain? Well consider it yanked.

I hate jump balls.

Too many rules for a once per game situation. Jumpers. Nonjumpers. On the circle. Off the circle. Before the toss. After the toss. Before the touch. After the touch.

Yada. Yada. Yada.

Back in ancient times, when there were almost a dozen jump balls in a game, at three different jump ball circles, players, coaches, and officials all knew the jump ball rules like the backs of their hands.

Now jump balls are like the Wild Wild West. Everything and anything goes. Toss the ball, pray that things go well, and pray that nobody notices if things don't go well.

Just give the damn ball to the visitors and use the alternating possession arrow for the rest of the game, including overtime, as God intended when he created the alternating possession arrow on the eighth day.

Forget about Dr. Naismith and nostalgia. It’s the freaking twenty-first century.

We did away with the chicken wire around the court, let's also 86 the jump ball.

I’d better get off my soapbox, I’m getting dizzy up here.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Mon Feb 24, 2020 at 03:51pm.