View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 11, 2020, 04:40pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
I think you could make the argument that the player OOB on the endline in such a play is a thrower, just one that doesn't have the ball. Imagine a single thrower (designates spot or otherwise) that bounces the ball on the floor (similar to a dribble) and is contacted while they do not have the ball. Would we not consider that player to still be the thrower?
If we were to give A2 intentional foul protection on this play, we are saying that any contact by B2, including incidental, would be an intentional foul. I'm not giving the offense multiple throwers-in at one time. In the case of the OP, A1 is my thrower-in until A2 gets the ball. I don't consider A1 bouncing the ball the same as A1 passing the ball to another OOB teammate.

Until someone comes up with a citation on point that would allow for multiple players to be considered the thrower-in at the same time and thus subject to the Intentional Foul rule simultaneously, I'm sticking with that stance.

Also, let's say A1 has successfully passed the ball to an OOB A2, and then A1 gets illegally contacted by the opponent while still OOB, it is no longer an automatic intentional foul, IMO.