View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 03, 2020, 12:12pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOVBlue View Post
The coach instantly is calling for a technical foul for reaching across the endline and touching the ball.
That tells you exactly why the coach ran this play. He’s looking for cheap points, or at least to stir up controversy with your crew. I really dislike those kinds of coaches.

Quote:
7-6-4: "The opponent(s) of the thrower must not have any part of his/her person through the inbounds side of the throw-in boundary plane until the ball has been released on a throw-in pass."
You answered your own question before you even asked it...

Quote:
Can anyone shed some light on this situation? Technical or simply ball awarded back to team A for another spot throw-in from the new spot?

If the reach across was after the ball is released, there’s nothing but an ordinary OOB violation here. I don’t have my casebook with me but I believe this is a little different on a non-DSTI situation, provided the pass from one teammate to another is not the actual pass “directly into the court.” In this case, it’s a DOG warning, but not a T because the ball has to be in a thrower’s possession for the T to apply.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk