View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 03, 2020, 10:44am
Official Forum Member

Look No one banged this drum longer and louder (at least in my locals zones) about footwork and the fact that if on contested open foot attack dribbles or 1-2 step backs if you looked at the tape 9/10 would be travels on video. However as many people expressed to me then and continue to express now:

1 - The rules are being changed to allow and make more dynamic plays so if we aren't sure side with letting it go.

2 - Almost everyone would rather no call the close ones and be wrong w/ a no call on video that they can say it was too close in real time, than incorrectly call one a travel that was not a travel on video.

3 - If you can't be sure in real time you can't call it. Can't call funny or have to call something etc. If you see something call it, if something happened but you don't know what you saw keep playing.

4- Know what segment of Rome you are in and who they want plays like this officiated. You can't be that guy and have the "travel" be your signature call.

As other have stated nothing on the video I'm seeing convinces me it is absolutely a travel. Let alone in real time.

Me: Thanks, but why the big rush.

Coach: Oh I thought you must have a big date . . .we're not the only ones your planning on F$%&ing tonite are we!