View Single Post
Old Sat Feb 01, 2020, 12:09pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Eyes Down ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
When I'm the lead I always keep my eyes down observing the rebounders and sometimes don't know if the field goal attempt or the free throw attempt went in the basket or not.
As the lead, I once sounded my whistle for what I thought was an air ball that went out of bounds on my endline. But it wasn't a airball. My partner told me that the nothing but net ball quickly went through a very loose net and it's trajectory took it out of bounds.

Also, as the lead, I once thought I was allowing a player to run the endline after an opponent's made basket. The inbounder looked at me kind of funny but then proceeded to inbound the ball. My partner then sounded his whistle and informed me that the ball didn't go in the basket, but had been an airball that had pushed aside the net before going out bounds.

While both situations embarrassed me, I was kind of pleased that I kept my eyes down on both plays.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sat Feb 01, 2020 at 12:51pm.