View Single Post
Old Fri Sep 19, 2003, 07:52pm
Official Forum Member

Pls advice how to switch gear back to tougher games after doing a few easy games.
In the small city where I ref, the culture is All Refs Ref All Kinds of Games.
Quote:
Originally posted by Back In The Saddle
Had my first girls game of the year last night. Wasn't expecting it (thought the schedule said all boys games on my court). When we found out I turned to my partner and told him, "We gotta watch out for jewelry and know who has the arrow."

Sure enough, after the captains meeting a girl comes to us with her newly peirced ears asking if she can play with them in or tape them up. I was about to tell her to take them out, then remembered our discussion here and instead only told her she could not play with them in. Her call, she took them out.

Game begins, toss goes up, it's tapped and two opponents immediately tie it up. Every time I read the note in the rule book about this I figured I'd go 10 years without ever seeing it. O well. We jumped it between the two girls who had tied it up, and off we went.

The game went just about as you'd expect--lopsided blowout. Mercy rule is in effect. Winning coach comes to us at halftime and asks us to just swallow the whistle for the other team and let 'em play.

It was kind of hard to switch gears back to boys ball for the next game.