View Single Post
Old Sat Jan 25, 2020, 11:13pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by italian_referee View Post
Hello,

I am currently registered as a basketball official with the State association of my state (PIAA - Pennsylvania Interscholastic Athletic Association), which allows me to be eligible to officiate NFHS games.

To become one, I had to submit certain documents, some certifications, register online and pass an initial quiz, and register with a PIAA Chapter in my area.

I would like to know whether there is a similar procedure to become a registered basketball NCAA official and participate to meetings equivalent to those chapter meetings (if there is indeed something equivalent).
If there is, could you please indicate where to start? And if there isn't, could you please tell me how it works instead?

(Note that I am not asking how to start being assigned for NCAA games.)

Thank you all.

Best,
Marco
No, there is no "registration process" You either are working those games by getting hired or you are not. Some conferences require you to either join the NCAA Arbiter site as a requirement to be in their conference. All signing up for the site does is make you eligible to take the test and be eligible for the playoffs. But if you are not working a number of games that would be useless unless you just want to watch the NCAA Videos. Otherwise signing up for the site does nothing for you other than to have access to the information shared by the NCAA directly. But this does not in itself make you a registered official at the NCAA level.

Peace