View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 24, 2020, 11:04pm
Official Forum Member

Damn, Steve. Well said. I thought I was a master of the "wall of text" but I see I have much to learn.

https://i.imgur.com/3db8wHn.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlUmpSteve View Post
NO ONE CAN (or will) COUNT TO TWO, not pitchers, their coaches, nor the umpires.
Now, hey, just wait a minute: I counted to two! AND I called it (after trying to work through my catchers)! Andy can back me up on this one! I call that sort of stuff in ASA ball too. No regrets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlUmpSteve View Post
Again, not called at any level; if you did, you were "THAT" umpire.
Ah, yes....yes I was. I was not making any friends by calling that in JC & D2 games...but, I also wasn't working "big-boy" ball on ESPN with "big-boy" observers either.

That's something I've learned being on the bubble of "better ball"....some stuff just isn't enforced, though maybe it should be.

To Irish's and Cecil's point: yeah, it's not great that the book has had to get to this level. But the pitching procedure is the pitching procedure. If the game has changed to the point that the Rules Committee sees it necessary to get down to brass tacks, so be it.

I'm just glad the runner's lane came back after a single rules cycle.