View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 23, 2020, 11:11am
Official Forum Member

So based on all three reaching the same conclusion and seemingly at the same time they obviously had a very clear picture (or agreed sentiment) about what they were going to allow. It is a tough spot because if .3 has to be a tap there has to be a difference between a .3 tap, a .2 tap, .1 tap in terms of look and feel but rule book doesn't give you one. This crew seems to have on their own determined what they were going to allow and not allow with .2 on the clock and for whatever reason this didn't meet it.

I would be interested to see what the fallout here is if any. 1 side of the argument can clearly say .3 or less they are allowed a tap and that is tap. The official(s) can also say that with .2 on the clock they wanted to make sure that there was no catch and the control they saw with two hands constituted a catch to them.

As a netural 3rd party I feel like by the way the rule is written you have to count that. I do however concede to not being there and privy to whatever discussions are happening pre, during, post.

Me: Thanks, but why the big rush.

Coach: Oh I thought you must have a big date . . .we're not the only ones your planning on F$%&ing tonite are we!