View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 22, 2020, 11:11am
Esteemed Forum Member

Correctable Errors ...

I'm having trouble following some of the debate in this thread, but I will say this about correctable errors. Forty years ago, when I was taking classes preparing for the written rules exam, we were told to know the correctable error rule up, down, backward, forward, and sideways; that it would definitely be on the exam, and would probably be one of the most difficult questions on the exam.

Is it a perfect rule? Is it easy to follow? Should the list of correctable errors be expanded, or more limited? Should the time window be expanded, or more limited? Should the time limit be easier to understand, especially in regard to change of possession? How about do-overs? Should correctable errors be more like "bookkeeping errors" with the ability to be corrected at any time (with definite knowledge) in the officials' jurisdiction? Can there be too many correctable errors?

And most importantly, is it fair?

Bottom line, the correctable error rule, warts and all, has been around for a long time, and in my forty years there has been no major change in the rule.

Some might not think so, but it appears that the NFHS likes the rule, or at least tolerates it, as it is presently written.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Wed Jan 22, 2020 at 11:21am.