Thread: Assignor Pay
View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 15, 2020, 09:25am
Official Forum Member

Let me do my job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Player989random View Post
I've spoken with the current assignor and the guy who quit before him. Apparently, the commissioner has to approve all assignments. This is what is holding up the entire operation. The guy who quit last year would fill out 1-2 months of the schedule, but none of the assignments would be approved ahead of time. Compounding this issue, during the week of the game, changes would be made by the commissioner.

Armed with this new info, I'm going to decline to be apart of this madness. I appreciate the advice of everyone who had something to say.
Why have an assignor if the commissioner ultimately sets the schedule? We are currently having this battle in my organization -- the 3 presidents (elect, current, and past) want to approve all games. The bulk of our members agree that we should trust the guys we are paying to do the schedule and if they are screwing it up the board can replace them. Unfortunately, some presidents/commissioners just want too much power.