Thread: Have a look...
View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 14, 2020, 12:48pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
Hey? Somebody has to work midafternoon middle school games? If not me, then who?

I'm in my second year of "day job retirement, chronic ankle injury" middle school games. I'm enjoying myself but there are a few "surprising" things that I miss, like the National Anthem.

A few days ago a middle school girl sang the Anthem acapella before the game from the jump ball circle. She was doing a pretty good job until she suddenly stopped and tearfully said that she forgot the next verse. I walked out to her and told her that we'd finish it together, so I started singing, "And the rockets red glare ...", and she picked it up, I backed away, and she finished it on her own, doing a nice job, hitting the high notes near the end.

Of course being an Irish-American, you realize that we all fall into two categories, those of us who are great singers, and those of us that think that we are great singers. I fall into the second category.

I'm a direct paternal descendant of Niall of the Nine Hostages, King of Tara in northwestern Ireland in the late 4th century A.D.

No, you don't have to kneel before me, just a slight bow of the head will suffice.
Billy Mac your sense of humor is so awesome!