Thread: Flop
View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 01, 2020, 05:28pm
Esteemed Forum Member

And The Academy Award For Best Actor Goes To ...

The problem with high school players is that they not as savvy, aren't as good actors, and are more timid, compared to college players.

When a high school player sets up to "take a charge" it's very difficult for an official to differentiate between a great acting performance and a kid who's afraid to take the full brunt of the charge and begins to fall backwards, not to fake a foul, but thinking that falling backward will somehow lessen the pain.

Same thing with high school shooters. High school shooters are concentrating on trying to draw contact and/or trying to make the shot. They're not savvy enough to concentrate on a third thing, faking being fouled, the best that they can usually come up with is to complain if officials don't call the foul.

Forty years. Never called a technical foul for faking a foul. Never observed a technical foul for faking a foul. Made a few comments (warnings). Heard a few comments (warnings). But that was the total extent of these situations. It's been several years since I even thought that a high school player was faking being fouled.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Wed Jan 01, 2020 at 07:12pm.