Thread: Have a look...
View Single Post
Old Sat Dec 21, 2019, 09:30am
Esteemed Forum Member

Medical Device ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle_12 View Post
... hurt their shoulder and needed to wear a shirt with built in support/compression/protection ... deemed a medical device and then same rules don’t apply ...
Makes sense. Thanks eagle_12.

Maybe legal, but still not a good look.

You would think that NBA teams paying millions of dollars to their highly visible photogenic players could afford to provide support/compression/protection undershirts that match the color of the jerseys.

On the other hand I just found out that miserly NFL teams charge their players $500.00 each time a player trades jerseys after a game with an opposing player, à la soccer (or football, as my Australian son-in-law calls it) where players have been doing this for decades.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-postgam...kip=1576938722

History: Patrick Ewing (Georgetown 1981-1985, NBA 1985-2002), a Georgetown Hoya All-American center made wearing an undershirt under a game jersey popular. Ewing stated, “I wasn’t the originator, I was just the one who made it popular. There’s [sic] a lot of people who have done it before me but the difference is in my era, that’s when TV really got big. We were always on TV. The reason why I wore it was we started playing in these big arenas and it was always cold (Ewing was born in Kingston, Jamaica), especially when you have the ice down (under the basketball court) for hockey games. I was always complaining I was cold. I started wearing one and it became a fashion statement”. In 1984 the NFHS ruled that undershirts must be similar in color to the uniform jersey.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sat Dec 21, 2019 at 11:44am.