View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 18, 2019, 12:59am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zm1283 View Post
I'm glad this was posted as I had two DoG situations tonight....

1. BJV game. Under 10 seconds left in the half. W5 makes a shot, W20 grabs the ball as it goes through the basket (Four seconds were on the clock as he caught it) and stands there with it in his hands. When I realize Red isn't going to be able to throw it in, I kill the clock and issue a DoG warning on white. When I stopped the clock, there were 2.1 seconds left. Red's coach wanted us to put time back on, but seeing as it was not a timing issue, I did not put any time on. I've never had that one before in 13 years. Would anyone do it differently?

2. On the topic closer to the OP above. BV game following the JV game. W10 ends up the the ball in his hands on a made basket immediately as it falls through the basket. He drops it right where it was to avoid a DoG. His teammate, W33, is standing nearby and the ball hits the back of his foot as it is bouncing around. It rolls away out of bounds so Red has to chase it. Red's coach wanted a warning, but seeing as it was unintentional I didn't warn White.
Perfectly handled in both cases.