View Single Post
Old Mon Dec 16, 2019, 10:09pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrucks1 View Post
Team B gets it even on a admin tech? I have seen it administered where Team A got the ball.

So on any Tech the team shooting the tech automatically gets the ball back regardless of the type of tech??

Under NFHS rules, yes, assuming we’re not talking about a Double Technical or other rare scenario where a bunch of Ts happen to offset somehow (like in a fight scenario). Ts are very simple to administer in HS (easy for officials to learn and apply consistently) and weighted heavily so would-be offending teams take them seriously (two shots and the ball for even the most banal types).

NCAA is a different story, with a variety of T types carrying different penalty weights and play often resumed at the point it was interrupted. In other words, shoot the foul shot(s), then go back to what you were doing, even if it means the offending team keeping the ball. Some severe Ts (like Flagrant 2 Ts, for example), are administered more severely and include possession.

That would be a lot of permutation types for the average Joe High School JV Official to learn, memorize, and apply, which I believe is part of the reason NFHS keeps their T penalty administration consistent and simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk