View Single Post
Old Fri Sep 19, 2003, 06:03am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Bfair
Yet in your last post you seemed to have slipped even further in vaguely contradicting yourself by saying........
Quote:
Originally posted by Warren Willson

Now I am NOT saying there aren't calls that MUST be made, even though you don't have ALL the information necessary. What I AM saying is that seldom happens on a pulled foot at 1st base, which is the case that Bfair originally advocated and to which I originally objected.
First, Warren, you finally seem to acknowledge that those situations can exist---although "seldom." That, indeed, is what this issue has been about all through the years, Warren.
It might have been better if you'd simply asked what I meant by "seldom", instead of assuming I was contradicting myself.

Those few occasions when the BU must make a call despite not having ALL the information are when there is continuing action following the call at 1st. THOSE are the cases when you have to make a call, even when you aren't certain, and then you should NEVER go back and get help afterwards. Why? Because there may be no way to unravel what followed if the call had been different. THAT is what I meant by "seldom".

I can envisage NO OTHER CASE, in relation to a pulled-foot at 1st base, for which a call MUST be made by the BU before getting help. BU's who don't trust their PU's to be in a position to answer should simply not ask! If the BU asks and the PU can't answer then the call has to be "He's SAFE".

BTW, your posts have become so lengthy that the board is now sending me TWO NOTIFICATIONS for each one! No kidding!

Cheers