View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 13, 2019, 04:01pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPERBBB View Post
Accidents happen, we just had last week an official ran over on a steal in transition. U's in football get clobbered all the time. Just part of the job. Now if it was intentional, ejection would be the least the player needs to worry about.
To me this should be a technical because ultimately you are responsible for your body when playing the game. To use other sport examples. In hockey, you are responsible for your stick. Even if it is unintentional and you hit someone with a high stick you are penalized.

I fully understand this was not an intentional act, but I do feel that athletes need to be aware of their surroundings when doing things like this.

What would have happened if this was an opposing player and not an official? Even though it was an accident it is very possible all hell breaks loose because the player was not in control of his body.

As for the last part, if this was intentional (which I know it wasn't), I completely agree that the ejection would be the least of his worries. In that case I would completely support the filing of criminal charges against the player.