View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 11, 2019, 09:46am
Official Forum Member

Had an opposite situation the other night. Game that was competitive early but turned into a blowout for team A after half time.

First quarte. Off a rebound there is a ball being tugged/pulled in a scrum/mess of Varsity girls in the paint. I'm trail (two person).

My partner blows the whistle and has a foul on A8. We are in bonus.

As I'm headed down and reporting is going on Coach A asks how there is a foul, not a jump ball? I tell him it wasn't my call and he'd have to ask my partner.

So he immediately barks across the floor to my partner "When does it become a jump ball? If there is one foul in there, there are 5. Just call the tie up"

Whole gym stops for a heartbeat as we are about to admin free throws and comment is in a gym that has gone quiet for free throws.

My partner stares at him but doesn't say anything. Coach walks away and we admin free throws. Game goes on. Turns into a blow out in 3rd quarter for A and coach doesn't say anything the rest of the way after the 1 comment in the 1st q.

At half time I mentioned that I felt like we should have reacted more strongly and was leaning T. Partner felt like it could have gone either way and he would have been ok with it. After game I was glad it went the way it did, as it all sorted itself out and we didn't set a tone or escalate the situation. Hindsight is always 20-20

Me: Thanks, but why the big rush.

Coach: Oh I thought you must have a big date . . .we're not the only ones your planning on F$%&ing tonite are we!