Thread: Shoes
View Single Post
Old Wed Nov 06, 2019, 12:28am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhistlesAndStripes View Post
I just wanna day that Zappos kicks ass when it comes to shipping. I was admiring the shoes of a fellow official at a jamboree on Saturday. Went home afterward and decided to order a pair of same shoes. Found them on Zappos for 30% off and it also said free shipping.

Now, living in Alaska my whole life, I’ve learned that rarely does free shipping apply in Alaska. There’s usually some fine print excluding us and Hawaii. And also, originally quoted shipping times are correct. This order, placed on Saturday afternoon around 4 pm in Alaska, gave an estimated delivery of Tuesday, Nov 5.

So anyhow, I placed my order, got the confirmation email, and figured my shoes will be here in a week or so.

I decided a few minutes ago to look up the order to see if it had even been shipped yet and see if there was an updated estimated arrival. I saw in my email from Sunday a shipping confirmation that I had overlooked until now. Clicked the shipping link, and not only was it still showing estimated delivery for today, all the tracking info is in there showing the journey from Kentucky to Seattle, Anchorage, and now my little town of Soldotna, Alaska. It hit the post office here just after 3 AM today and has 2 OUT FOR DELIVERY scans on it since then. It’s likely in the carriers vehicle as we speak, and with any kind of luck, they may arrive before I leave in 2 hours to go work a couple middle school games this afternoon.

GOOD JOB ZAPPOS!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zappos is top notch. My wife bought some Birkenstock sandals on there a few years ago. After a few months they developed a small tear in the strap on the top, but hardly noticeable. We called them and they not only refunded us but told us to keep the sandals.