View Single Post
Old Sun Oct 20, 2019, 01:13am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapmaja View Post
Now that I think about it, the replacement wasn't with 11, it was with 21, who was the third player they were trying to do replacements with, so she went into the CB, not RB position. 11 was going back to serve.

It was so messed up dealing with their libero issues, I'm still trying to figure out what they were doing.
So I show up to an all day tourney today and low and behold, who is the first team on my court. The same team that couldn't get the libero replacements right 4 days prior. As it turned out, there was much more to the story. The libero that had so many problems was not the normal libero for the team. The normal libero was suspended for the match and wasn't with the team. the ibero that was having trouble was normally a bench player who saw action sparingly.

As a result, today the libero replacements for this team were spot on. Of all the officials involved in the event today, all the matches they played (5 total), not once did the team have any trouble with the replacements.

The head coach even came up to me during the day and said that after watching the video of the match, we did handle all of the situations correctly.

What she did not explain, and what I will never understand, is why she takes her setter out for a libero replacement, when the setter enters the left back position. She sits out while she is the left back, but is the setter for all other positions on the court. It makes no sense to me, but it makes things more confusing if they aren't getting the position correct.