View Single Post
Old Wed Oct 16, 2019, 04:30pm
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapmaja View Post
I agree. In Michigan, once you have ejected the coach, he is ejected. You can't later go back (and I'm going to try to quote Mark Uyl, now the MHSAA Director) tell the coach "you are just going to not write it up." Once you eject, and agree to eject the coach (key part here), he is ejected and if the state association, like the MHSAA, has a suspension, he is suspended.

The MHSAA also puts on the directive on the school as well. They know the coach got ejected, so the coach is suspended even if the official never writes it up.

I say agree to eject a coach for one reason. During a track meet, I decided to eject the coach of the host school. After talking with my partner at the meet, the decision was to not eject the coach, but warn him for unacceptable conduct (permissible under the rules). If you are going to eject a coach, there needs to be some agreement about what is being done between the officials on the contest, if nothing else so everyone has everything on the same page when the report is filed, and the school or state asks for everyone's version.
An OhioHSAA registered official can be fined and/or suspended for failure to submit a Game Report.

MTD, Sr.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio