View Single Post
Old Fri Sep 13, 2019, 11:40am
Official Forum Member

Annual "Rules Test" Scores

Despite the obvious level of rules knowledge, casebook wisdom, and preponderance practical experience that is present amongst Forum writers, I would wager that none of you have ever scored a perfect "100%" on the annual rules exam from the NF.

Please bear in mind that the intent of this post is not to question your aforementioned knowledge, but rather to state that it is ''impossible'' to get a score of "100%". Why? Because the rules test invariably contains clerical/typographic and procedural errors in the creation of the actual test questions. Ergo, making it feasibly ''impossible" to score a 100%. I have even asked folks if they intentionally answered a question "wrong" just to get it "right"--with prior knowledge that a particular question was incorrectly written/worded/phrased. However, when they tried this ruse, they still got the question wrong.

The test is either 50 or 100 questions long as I recall--with a requirement of 75% for Certification Passing. For the record, the highest I ever scored was a 93%. Some of my local ref colleagues have said they scored a 97% but never a "100%"--even the local association president.

Agreeably, I cannot request your 'proof' of a perfect score if you ever had one, but it just seems to me that because of the afore-stated reasons no one has ever scored a 100%.

Last edited by Kansas Ref; Fri Sep 13, 2019 at 11:44am.