View Single Post
Old Sun Sep 08, 2019, 05:40pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Aggie View Post
Well, to borrow a phrase from the NCAA, it does show a lack of institutional control. What does the coach do in response? Goes to the media and complains the kid was hit in the throat on a previous play, as if to make an excuse for his actions.

While in a technical sense this situation doesn't have anything to do with the previous one, the coach obviously doesn't believe in the "one thing doesn't have anything to do with the other." Why else would he mention the alleged throat hit? Suspensions for cheating isn't getting the message across -- now, a player is resulting to violence and the head coach is making at least some excuses. I'd say shutting down the football program this year isn't unreasonable. Yes, you heard that right. Sucks for those not responsible but this is a very serious situation. I would never work a game involving that team and I would strongly recommend my association not do so either. I don't want to work in the presence of that coach.
Let me guess, they had 5 officials on the game? But then it is the official's fault for not seeing something that likely is hard to see in the first place without replay.

And I agree, if that is the issue of the coach, then they have bigger issues.

Peace