View Single Post
Old Wed Aug 14, 2019, 08:29am
Official Forum Member

Fed: 2-5-3 On-Deck Batter - The on-deck batter is a player of the offensive team entitled to occupy the on-deck circle closest to her dugout.

2-2-3 Blocked Ball - A live ball touched by a person not engaged in the game (continues...) EDIT: I no longer think this is applicable; see next post.

2-64 Touching - Contact with the ball. There is no distinction between the act of touching and being touched (continues...)

5-1-1g If a thrown ball becomes blocked, award runners two bases from point of release (8-4-3e).

UNLESS the on-deck batter has committed interference (7-5-4); an ACT which hinders or impedes the defense (2-32) Simply existing is not an act. If the interference prevents an out, the runner being played upon is out. If no play was possible, runners return to last base at TOI.

Whew! Quite a ride through the book...back to your OP, yes (at least in Fed) any time the on-deck batter is touched by the ball it is an immediate dead ball. If it's not INT by the on-deck batter, award two bases from the throw. If there is an act of interference, the runner being played upon is out if the throw had a chance at a play; if not, runners return.

Last edited by teebob21; Wed Aug 14, 2019 at 09:27am. Reason: edit