View Single Post
Old Fri Aug 02, 2019, 05:02pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Underestimating Complexity ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Player989random View Post
You can't write-off miles that you do from home to the work site. That's commuting.
I'm retired, I don't make a daily commute back and forth to a "day job" any more.

During basketball season, three, or four, days a week, I leave home and drive to a basketball assignment, work the game, and drive back home after the game. That round trip mileage has to be deductible, as do the trips I take back and fourth to our board board meetings several times during the basketball season.

Right?

Back in an earlier post I was referring to the complex situation of an official making his normal commute to his "day job", and then traveling to a basketball assignment from his "day job" (not back home first), and then driving back home after the game. It was always my understanding that many officials might be underestimating the complex nature of that tax situation.

Right?
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Fri Aug 02, 2019 at 07:17pm.