View Single Post
Old Tue Jun 25, 2019, 09:50pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbie View Post
Were I the Offensive Coach, I certainly would be calling for an award of 3B and you would be hard pressed to deny that you were contributory.
My verbalization is not an ASA/USA mechanic, I admit. It's something that I picked up on advice from an NCAA clinician: paraphrased as "When something bad or potentially malicious happens during a live ball by a player which doesn't kill the play, point it out (so the coaches see it) and call it out, so the player knows, too." My call of "You can't do that" was basically a reflex. I had judged her as not reaching 3B prior to the vocalization, when I made the OBS call. I don't feel as though I put her at jeopardy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbie View Post
That said, the eject or no eject is a totally separate issue. You just have to go with gut and circumstances. That said, I would have to be 100% sure it was with intentional malice or I would have simply a 12 year old's reaction.
The gut said eject...but as you point out, I did not have intentional malicious contact...I didn't see the forearms extend, although my partner did. That being said, I don't care what age a player is....they can and should still be ejected for ejectable offenses.

I didn't lose any sleep over NOT ejecting, but if I had to do it again, I probably would. There's no room in the game at any level for running over a fielder with a blindside block.