View Single Post
Old Sat Jun 01, 2019, 12:05am
Official Forum Member

Question on the OP: Didn't R3 score easily on the base hit, ending the game, before the antics a 1B? Or did R3 score during the antics at 1B? Just a wondering.

First time back in the saddle (well, really bare back) working slow pitch, retired from my day job and back at it.
Hadn't called a game in 11 years (BB and SP were my gigs) just slow pitch now a days. Any rate first game back all one man, I had the same as OP.

No doubter, runner turned right saw the loose ball kicking around the fence, set his feet and took a step and a half towards second, saw F3 was on it and changed to a Sunday stroll back towards the bag. F1 hustles over and adamantly calls for the ball at 1B, F3 tosses it, F1 tags the strolling runner 8-10 feet from the bag. Out is the call.
BR meekly reaches and say's "I was just looking", course his coach tried harder, "he's allowed to look back." Yes he is, I says, but he can't make a move, out stands. C say's all he did was turn and look. I said no, he made a move, and three of us know it, Me, F3 and the BR, go ask him, play on, I need a batter....

Later I get a run down between 3 and home, F2 waiting with the ball runs R back to third, almost catches him but stumbles and tossed to F5, R turns back towards home get's a couple steps and get's knocked side ways by F2. I point and state "that's obstruction", throw from F5 to covering F1 tags the diving R. Clearly out, TIME, check the other runners BR at 2nd, R2 at third, "that's obstruction, run scores. No complaints but, F2 say's what am supposed to do, disappear? Exactly I say's. Good to be back.