View Single Post
Old Thu May 30, 2019, 08:11am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reffing Rev. View Post
I'm really glad you didn't lose any sleep over it.

I am pretty sure I was at the game in question, if not this is eerie. Though I was an assistant coach for the home team who would ask the question to try and save my runner, I 1000% agree with the judgement call.

My suggestions on the play in question. This needs to be BU's call. I'm assuming you were PU based on your name and your post. BU was timid and always looking at PU and it was clear to everyone PU made this call, again the right call. BU's lack of confidence hurt the sell of this call.

When the 1BC first asked the question, PU stated "she turned toward 2nd." It does not matter which direction she turned, I would suggest "in my judgement she started to advance to second." After that the only thing to argue is your judgment and that is a short and fruitless argument.

Handled well in the aftermath. I mean what I said, overall, nice job! (Unless the same play ended a different 12U-C game last night.)
I've been spied in the wild!

Agreed that should have been BU's call. She passed on it (missed it, really) so I had to cover for her. Good thing I was trailing up the line. She's new....we post-gamed it. We also postgamed the OBS call that we may have missed for the home team at 1B earlier in the inning.