View Single Post
Old Wed May 29, 2019, 10:27pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by teebob21 View Post
Fair enough. I didn't lose a single wink of sleep about calling the out. Class C; G or Q; she moved like she was going to 2. And then she didn't.

And then she got tagged. IMHO, that's an out everywhere.
I'm really glad you didn't lose any sleep over it.

I am pretty sure I was at the game in question, if not this is eerie. Though I was an assistant coach for the home team who would ask the question to try and save my runner, I 1000% agree with the judgement call.

My suggestions on the play in question. This needs to be BU's call. I'm assuming you were PU based on your name and your post. BU was timid and always looking at PU and it was clear to everyone PU made this call, again the right call. BU's lack of confidence hurt the sell of this call.

When the 1BC first asked the question, PU stated "she turned toward 2nd." It does not matter which direction she turned, I would suggest "in my judgement she started to advance to second." After that the only thing to argue is your judgment and that is a short and fruitless argument.

Handled well in the aftermath. I mean what I said, overall, nice job! (Unless the same play ended a different 12U-C game last night.)