View Single Post
Old Wed May 15, 2019, 11:54am
Official Forum Member

The change allowing assistants to break up a fight is a good one. Now as long as assistants aren't throwing haymakers, we will only have to figure out the penalties for the subs that come off the bench.

Open hand for held ball is fine. Some people are really anal about it one way or another (when I was starting I was implored to not show a hand and have stuck with it), but I really don't think it matters and I can adjust. We use an open hand or closed fist for everything else, no reason not to for held balls. Is NCAA requiring open hand now?

Glad to see rolling the waistband will be explicitly permitted. It was so inconsistently enforced here and the guidance from our state office was unclear, so it will make things easier and give us one less thing to worry about.

The contrasting numbers change is good. I think it's laughable that schools need five years to budget for new uniforms (then again, it's like pulling teeth to get a nominal pay raise for officials), but oh well.

The other fashion police stuff, par for the course. There are many changes that FED could implement to improve the game, but we all know they're slow. Don't even know why they bother sending out that questionnaire.