View Single Post
Old Tue May 14, 2019, 08:04am
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilyazhito View Post
About quarters, they could go to an NBA-style system for media timeouts where they have 3 at the 7, 5, and 3 minute marks of each quarter. The quarter break would be another opportunity for media timeouts, so quarters and media timeouts should not be mutually exclusive. However, this would be something for the 2021-23 rules cycle.
So you want to go from 4 mandated time-outs to 7? I am perfectly happy with 20 minutes halves and the current media format. I'm not a big fan of changing sh!t just to change sh!t.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilyazhito View Post
... However, why allow coaches to just call live-ball timeouts in the last 2 minutes of the 2nd half and overtime. I would rather keep the rule that is there for the entire game (no live-ball timeouts by coaches), for the sake of consistency and ease of administration.
Because coaches make the rules and COACHES put a lot of value into the last 2 minutes and overtime. That's why I roll my eyes and tune out when officials drone on about all calls, no matter what point in the game, being equal. COLLEGE officials will have no problem adjusting to this rule change.