Thread: Mechanics Creep
View Single Post
Old Mon May 06, 2019, 09:03pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
Same questions for bucky:

Why doesn't this signal catch on more universally on the high school level, i.e. NFHS, IAABO, etc.?

Am I missing any negatives about the signal? It seems helpful to scorekeepers, coaches, and fans.
I am one of the very few that point and by point I mean holding two fingers down towards where it occurred. Others will, when it is a two-point shot but close to a three, immediately and adamantly signal to the table that it was a two by pointing two fingers, like the peace sign.

I do not claim to be an expert but I will claim to be the best at trying to get better in any way. Around our area, officials do not have the same level of care. They do not strive to get better by attending training meetings, camps, etc. Very few are concerned with tests, POE's, rule/mechanic changes, etc. They simply do not have to care as there are not enough officials. There are no younger/newer officials either. It is very discouraging.

Use a new mechanic for clarity? Most around here do not use the current mechanics very well.

Last edited by bucky; Tue May 07, 2019 at 10:58pm.