Thread: Mechanics Creep
View Single Post
Old Fri May 03, 2019, 10:59pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Official View Post
I'd be happy to see FED add more "approved" signals if for no other reason than to shut up the blowhards that whine about "unapproved" signals.

I do find it funny that people always talk about wanting the signals that college has. I don't think men's NCAA has many, if any, more "approved" signals than high school. I think people just don't lose as much sleep about it at that level.

At the end of the day, if states see it as a big enough problem, they will make a change on their own or just not care.
Actually, I found about 17 different signals that the NF did not have like "Cylinder fouls" or "Chucking." Now, this is splitting hairs as some of these are just based on some different rules that do not take place at the NF level like shot clock signals for either violation or resetting the clock to 20 seconds for a FC foul.

I do think people spend too much time worrying about what the other levels do and do not realize that what they do is more advanced for a reason. We have HS official that cannot do basic things right but they want more signals.

Peace