Esteemed Forum Member

Verification ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky View Post
Verifying carries with it the same context as asking IMO
Here in my little corner of Connecticut:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
I don't ask. I mention it and then point out any visible problems that I might have observed pregame, and then tell the coach to take care of said problems before the game starts ... problems do exist, they can be taken care of by the coach pregame, otherwise some starters or substitutes may be delayed getting into the game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
If I don't see any "fashion" problems in the pregame warmups, I will just say to the coaches "Coaches, please make sure that your uniforms and equipment are legal, and will be worn properly, and that all participants will exhibit good sportsmanship". Short and sweet, and hopefully fulfilling my NFHS requirement of verification.
We don't ask simply because most coaches have no idea what's legal and what's illegal and really don't know how to answer.

I can understand why some will "ask" to verify, but it's there's another way to verify without asking, I say go for it.

Remember, it's all about the purpose and intent of the rule, not necessarily the literal rule as written.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Thu May 02, 2019 at 04:58pm.