View Single Post
Old Wed Apr 24, 2019, 09:58am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
If we're discussing NFHS rules here (and I think we are), I'm 99.5% positive that there have never been any NFHS sock restrictions over the past forty years.

Maybe it was a proposal that was not accepted by the NFHS, or maybe it was a state high school guideline, or maybe some are confusing this topic with other rule sets, but it never made its way into the NFHS rulebook.

I wouldn't bet my house on this, but I would bet a fairly large amount of money. Anybody interested in a fun wager? If so, citation please.
I will say it this way. If I recall this was an editorial change made and it was early in my career. I remember this because I lived in a particular place and worked with a partner that enforced this rule on more than one occasion. We all remember things differently for different reasons. I remember because of where I was an when it was enforced. This was like either the 2nd or 3rd year of my career and it was a big enough deal that I thought it was stupid. Then they made the change or even interpretation change (I am not Mark D) but I do remember this and remember the application conversations. It was stupid because I was thinking that no one provides my socks for me and why do we care if they have a logo on it. If you do not remember or maybe it was more of an issue where I lived, but it was in the rules. Again I think it was just an editorial change where they removed socks from the logo restriction. Again most people did not care but it has been proven that uniform stuff is/was an issue for years in my state.

Peace